JIP LNG CONV
JIP LNG CONV will convert the main engine on the existing vessel FURE WEST. It will be the first of its kind for this type of vessel.
- Convert, and run, a main engine on LNG to show environmental benefits (+ identify pros and cons if converting auxiliary engines too),
- Lead the path to reduced operational costs,
- Identify, and evaluate, the workflow of the engine conversion to generate new technology development,
- Identify if new gas driven vessel solutions are needed,
- Generate lessons learned and identify education needs,
- Identify, and solve, safety risks and combine with environmental winnings,
- Implement ISO500001 with eventual add-ons, show simulations, preferably with use of SEECT and investigate the total energy efficiency.
Mr Henrik Lindqvist, Project Manager JIP LNG Conv